#SundayLunch - Salmon Crunchies!
Every Sunday we share a tasty DIY recipe we've found for your feline friend!
These Salmon Crunchies will definately get you in your kitten's good books!
Remember that some cats have more sensitive tummies than others, so we always recommend checking with a vet that the following ingredients are suitable for yours.
For These Tasty Treats You Will Need:
- 5oz pouch of pink salmon
- 3.5 oz tin of smoked kipper (preferably in water)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons of fresh catnip
1. Put the salmon, catnip and kipper in a food processor. If the kipper was in brine or oil ensure you rinse it first! Process to a paste.
2. Add in the flour and mix to form a slightly sticky dough.
3. Flour a work surface and roll doung out to about a quarter of an inch thick.
4. Use a cookie cutter or the end of a metal straw to cut out cat bite-sized circles.
5. The original recipe says here to place the cutouts on the rack of a dehydrator and setting it so 150 degrees for 5 - 6 hours. However if you don't have a dehydrator you can use your oven. Just set it to 70 degrees celcius and allow to dry out for around the same amount of time but keep an eye on them!
6. Allow to cool and seal in an airtight container.
No cat loves food made with loving care more than shelter cats! If you are thinking about bringing a furry feline into your life, consider adopting from your local rescue.